Self-esteem
How much energy are you sending to others? Perhaps you should be looking at how much you
need for yourself.
I would like to
suggest that you become aware of where your energy is going. Try this exercise
for about a month.
Take a little notebook with you everywhere you go. When you feel someone is draining your
energy. Make a note of the situation in
your little notebook. Then at the end of
the month have a look at the pattern that is being presented to you.
What happens to
your emotions when you are losing energy?
This will be a very good indication of the games you are playing. So what does energy have to do with
self-esteem? When you run out of energy, you become less confident, and less
interested in life.
If you have people in your life that are always critical of what you do,
have, and say, make them aware that you have decided to change your life and
you feel it is time to experience the joy of life to the fullest and if they
keep on focusing on the aspects that do not work they will have to go and have
a pity party with someone else, as you are now converting to a happy life.
If they are people you would like to have around you, get them a
gratitude journal and ask them to make a list of 100 blessings they have in
their life. If they cannot find 100 blessings, assist them and you will both
come up with the 100 blessings and more. Remember keep it light and say “Thank
You.”
You know this is fun. When I did this recently with a person who had
just told me she has nothing to be grateful for, I went to get some paper and a
pen and said to her let’s have a look at what we can come up with and make a
list of 100 blessings. She looked at me and said, “My life is a mess and you
want me to make a list of 100 things I would call blessings?”
I replied with, “You can begin with paper and pen as you would not be
able to do this exercise without them.” The 100 blessings list stirs up quite a
few emotions, especially when they are done for the first time. Don’t panic
they are good emotions, because most people do not realize how much they have
to be grateful for. 100 may sound like a lot but you will get to 100 without
effort.
Alison is one of those beautiful people everybody loves, because she
always does everything for everybody. “When I first started doing for myself I
was very uncomfortable. Over time I have learnt to balance between what I do
for me and for others. These days I have time for myself and I don’t even feel
guilty about it. I am happier and my family can see this and they are happy to
support me.”
Should you be interested in the complete success course use this link www.alkemras.co.za/success.html
Next Week 4 – Time Management
No comments:
Post a Comment